Jul 14, 2013

Bonjour Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!
 Bastille Day is kind of like the French version of America's Fourth of July if that helps. I happen to use Bastille Day as an excuse to fill my stomach with as many french pastries as possible(not like I already do that on a daily basis...)


I have always admired the French's perfectly chic fashion, art, and culture but I happen to love the history behind the monarchy scandals as well. My favorite was the strange and scandalous life of their former queen. 
...
 Sophia Coppola(her most recent film was the Bling Ring)gives us a sneak peek into Marie Antoinette's life in her movie.

I loved Coppola's film but I absolutely adored the costumes in the movie!





The detail involved in clothing from that era is magnificent.

Oh the french pastries! 




Heureux Jour de la Bastille!
xx E.

No comments:

Post a Comment